Automated Meter Reading (AMR) System is an intelligent management system that uses existing power lines infrastructure as communication medium. Based on PLC technology, it realizes the functions of meter reading and remote controlling ......
Automated Meter Reading System for Smart Grid
Automated Meter Reading (AMR) System is an intelligent management system that uses existing power lines infrastructure as communication medium. Based on Power Line Communication (PLC) technology, it realizes the functions of meter reading and remote controlling. Risecomm AMR System has kept stable running and secure data transmission in various circumstances. State Grid has applied this system on a large scale throughout China.
The core of Risecomm’s AMR System lies on its dynamic network adaptive technology, which is based on CSMA technology and its dynamic auto-routing are used to adapt to the dynamic power grid, thereby ensuring the real-time performance of data communication. The adoption of proprietary algorithm technology with related intellectual properties has provided solutions to a series of technical issues such as network conflicting, network collision and network efficiency, ensuring the stability of the system communication.
Fully utilizing the existing power line infrastructure, the system does not require any extra wiring, which facilitates its connection with current power management system. The system has undergone long-term running of the on-site environment, and has been deployed on a large scale nationwide, which has proved the adaptability in all harsh power grid circumstances.
System Features and advantage:
• Remote automatic meter reading
• Control ammeter and reading checking
• Automatic reporting failures
• Each node can be set as a routing node
• High tolerance to strong impulse interference
• High communication rate at 5.5kbps
• Easy deployment and maintenance-free
• Plug and play without learning routing path
• Real-time communication in any weather conditions
• No restriction on the number of routing hopping stages